Today we have a tremendous amount of data storage devices, and it has been changing with the development of new technologies to make the data storage experience more convenient. Now that cloud services are on the rise. Still, many businesses are relying on local servers. Depending on the data integrity, management and most important, protection of the data, here are the major pros and cons of cloud service and local server to better make you understand what suits your business the best.
1. Cloud server
A cloud server is a type of server that has remote access and provides organizations with the convenient tools and programs to help them manage their data via the internet. Here are the pros and cons of a cloud server.
- No capital expense or onsite hardware, suitable for small businesses that outgrow storage quickly.
- Pay only for what you need, add storage and on-demand services
- Access backup and restore data from anywhere on any remote device.
- Minimize data loss because of the continuous process of backup every 15-minute on average.
- Data recovery can heavily impact companies time and expenses for instant recovery.
- Business is limited to access data due to data availability and cost.
- No information can be accessed if you face downtime due to an internet connection from you or the service provider’s end.
- Full data recovery is highly time consuming and impacts productivity.
2) local server
The server can fulfil the purpose as a data storage device for a business that is willing to store, share and backup data. They are physical storage devices that are used to transfer or store data most of the time. RAID, NAS, SAN, data tape, etc., are local servers.
- Manual control on data backup
- No third-party access to the information stored in the local server
- Information can be accessed and transferred without an internet connection
- Low-cost tools and usage over a cloud server
- High expenses on hardware installation and infrastructure
- Occupies extra space in the It infrastructure and requires IT support
- More susceptible to data loss during data disaster due to onsite location.
- Data recovery turnaround time depends on the extent of damage and the data loss.
Both server and cloud service can help your business manage sensitive data systematically and securely, but the pros and cons give the idea of how suitable they can be for you. Apart from the facts, all storage devices and solutions are susceptible to data loss, so make sure you connect to a data recovery service provider that can provide you with suitable solutions on time.
Techchef is the best choice
Whether it’s any data loss situation, our engineers are always ready to help you with data recovery solutions to make you worry-free. With our state-of-art technology, we deliver solutions beyond expectations.
- Up to 100% recovery success rates
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- 15+ years of expertise
- 100% data security
- Sanitized media pickup and media drop
- Fastest turnaround time
- ISO 27001:2013 & 9001:2015 certified
Bring us your data loss worries and call us at toll-free 1800-313-1737 to get the fastest business recovery.