Table of Contents
Erasing data from IT assets like Server, PC’s, SSD, LUN or Virtual Server play a very vital role as far as data security is concerned. Data Erasure requires the same level of attention whenever we talk about data protection but it is overlooked by many companies across the globe.
Data erasure is a very important topic, which any organization should focus on as a part of their data disposal policy. In this post, we’ll be sharing, how it can help organizations to save their money?
Data erasure is a software-based method to completely destroy the data from the storage devices by overwriting the data. Erasure method goes beyond the deletion and format methods to remove the data and overwrites the disk sectors.
Data erasure leaves the storage device usable eliminating all the stored data on it whereas degaussing or physical destruction make the media unusable preventing the assets and environment. To have a peace of mind for data disposal, erasure is undoubtedly the best solution to remove all the traces of data from the used media.
Key benefits of reliable erasure software:
- Select a specific standard to erase the data
- Verify the erased media
- Consume very less time for erasure
- Flexible & user friendly interface
- Allow fast and secure erasure
- Easy to deploy
- Low maintenance cost
Save money by using Erasure:
- Best ROI: Erase unnecessary data instead of storing it. Unused data space can be used for your other precious data by avoiding unnecessary junk data. Eliminating junk data may increase the performance and efficiency of storage functionality.
- Erase to resell or reuse the storage media to avoid unwanted e-waste and keep your data confidential. Erased drives may be reused without any threats of data leakage and saving the environment by unwanted waste.
- Eliminates the risk of data leakage which may be a harmful cause for your organization in any terms and it may sometime lead to irreparable loss of goodwill.
- Automated process reduces manual process, saving manpower expense and avoid any human intervention and human error.
Leading organizations across the globe are using Blancco Tools because of its widest and latest hardware support in the market which no any other solution provider can boast off. Blancco guarantees safety and compliance with 100% Tamper-proof audit trail, 18 global certifications, approvals & recommendations and 100% compliance with regulatory standards.
This makes it as a world best data erasure software which is globally trusted and accepted. Blancco is the only solution provider of SSD erasure that has been approved by the government, with its U.S. patented SSD erasure software.
Blancco Drive Eraser supports up to 22 erasure standards, including:
- Air Force System Security Instruction 5020
- Aperiodic Random Overwrite
- Blancco SSD Erasure
- Bruce Schneier’s Algorithm
- CESG CPA – Higher Level
- DoD 5220.22 M
- DoD 5220.22 M ECE
- NIST 800-88 Clear
- NIST 800 88 Purge
- Firmware Based Erasure
- Extended Firmware Based Erasure
- HMG Infosec Standard 5, Higher and Lower Standard
- National Computer Security Center (NCSC-TG-025)
- Navy Staff Office Publications (NAVSO P-5239-26)
- NSA 130-1
- OPNAVINST 5239.1A
- Peter Gutmann’s Algorithm
- S. Army AR380-19
Techchef provides complete data erasure solution as well as onsite services to dispose off your end of life data. At Techchef, we are authorized service provider partner of Blancco for erasure services. You may either “Do It Yourself” by purchasing software solution from us or avail our “EaaS” (Erasure as a Service) using Blancco solution.